Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Face in the Shadow Part 3 Chapter 14

Fourteen

“I want to come in to the office tomorrow and work for a while.” Rachel had already made her peace with the people at the office and their request that she work at home. If she could have a way to escape the roses forever she would do it too. But it had been long enough and Rachel needed to do a few things at the office.

“You want to start coming back every day or you want to come in tomorrow.”

“I want to come in tomorrow but I’d like to gradually work my way back in. I’m not the type who can spend weeks at home.”

“I know. That’s why we work together so well.” It was good to hear Shannon laugh again. It was something she had missed hearing.

“So I’ll come by tomorrow and work a full day and see how it goes. Maybe I’ll come in one day a week and gradually work my way back in to the office.”

“It will be nice to have you around the office again.

You are reading A Face in the Shadow by Tiffany Colter.

Tiffany is a writer, speaker and writing career coach. She is a frequent contributor to print and online publications in addition to her regular marketing blog at http://www.writingcareercoach.com/

Get each new chapter delivered to you by signing up for the Tiffany Colter Fiction Blog using the link on the right.

This story is copyright Tiffany Colter. 2007. It may not be copied, distributed, sold or included in any larger work without the expressed written permission of Tiffany Colter.

Bloggers may comment on or link to this blog from their own blog. To link directly to this posting click the title, then copy the address in the browser.